SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I am guessing she could make 10 knots under power.
It was doing 10.3 kn from the Examiner.com

Quote:
The last Facebook posting by the Bounty on the ship’s fan page was at 2 p.m. on Sunday. “Looks to be sailing thru the tail end of the rain storms.”
Last reported coordinates from the ship were at N 34 degrees 22' W 074 degrees 15', speed 10.3 knots.

The last communication with another ship was from Captain Walbridge sent to the Miss Tracie, and commenting that the ships might pass one another late Sunday night:

“I think we are going to be into this for several days, the weather looks like even
after the eye goes by it will linger for a couple of days.”

We are just going to keep trying to go fast and squeeze by the storm and land as
fast as we can. I am thinking that we will pass each other sometime Sunday night or Monday morning.”

All else is well,
Robin

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook