I debated staying on my mooring but every major storm there are boats lost because other boats break free or drag on undersized gear. I called my insurance company and they preferred I haul out and paid for it so I chose that route.
I moved my boat from Noank CT up the Pawcatuck river into Westerly RI. The storm surge was just low enough to keep the boats on their stands. Another foot and it would be over.
Unfortunately I had to wait till Monday morning g to get hauled. The wind was already blowing down the river pretty hard. It was a mess getting to the travel lift and I scratched my hull on the work dock. I'm not complaining though because many have it so much worse.
At some. Point I lost a blade on my prop. I don't know if I hit something or it was the stress do full forward then reversing trying to fight the wind. Maybe I caught a submerged dock line? Anyway I'll be needing a new prop
. Luckily I was already fighting my way down the work dock when I felt the vibrations of running on one blade. If it happened out on the river I may have ended up on the rocks with a hurricane approaching.