SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

we can theorize out our ears and invent scenarios, or we can read all the words penned in virtual log shared openly with all on their website and their fb pages--was described step by step thruout the situation and rescue was on tape provided by uscg, and uscg had pix of the sinking of bounty--her last minutes---
OR we can accept the words written about the event and respect the boat lost and her mater of 20 years missing in the same sea that claimed her.
is a sad time- why do folks have to bash decisions made and counter the info as written by the folks OF bounty?
please read the info they provided then make your comments to the decisions made--to invent scenarios that were not in play is not respectful to the dead and missing.
it wasnt difficult to follow the proceedings closely thru their own words and pictures of weather and their tracking pattern thru the narrow spacing between storm front and hurricane.

when bounty was in sd in 2008, spring, i spent some time on board--more than the tour--as i had a friend who was crew and was incredibly proud of his ship--that boat was stout. she was well maintained, and hauled regularly--i saw pix of the work they did in 2007--wow!!--more often than our own recreational boats. i saw her bones. she was incredible, and she had soul and a spirit to match her build.

bounty is an icon that will be missed.

dont ye think it strange that the bounty and her master of 20 yrs and direct descendent of fletcher christian all go missing on same day????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 11-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook