SailNet Community - View Single Post - VIP Charters in St. Thomas
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2001

Valdare is on a distinguished road
VIP Charters in St. Thomas

Well I have gotten caught up a little since we returned from the VI so I thought I''d answer your question in a little more detail.

VIP has Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37s,40,45s. As well as Hylas 46, 49, 54s. Don''t know if you are familiar with them but my JSO40 has three cabins, two heads with showers very large interior. Could sleep eight if necessary. The cockpit has dual steering and is very large.
Great for a family. There is a fresh water shower off the swim platform, cockpit light for evening dinning, a VHF in the cockpit so you may communicate with out going below.
All boats have electric windless with chain and rope.
In my 40 there are seven fans and VIP includes two wind scoops.
The boats come with inverters so the blender can be used as well as my wife''s hair dryer (which after three trips she no longer brings). A mobile telephone is also standard which you can register for BVI service is you need to or for emergencies. VIP supplies snorkel gear at no charge. We bring our own masks and snorkel but use their fins. Saves space in the luggage. The stereo/CD player has speakers in the cockpit so we can be entertained while having cocktails and dinner.
We find St. Thomas very convenient. Compass Point is only about 20 mins. from the airport and there is a new store for grocery shopping down the street. We spend the first night
out at St. Johns many anchorage and pop over to Sopers hole to check into the BVI. We always leave a day or so at the end of the trip for Cruz Bay (my wife loves to shop)and the south side of St. Johns were no one hardly ever goes. Great place to relax swim and snorkel with no crowds before we head back home.
Glenn Milar keeps the boats in excellent condition and my dingy captain (my wife) loves the fact that the motor starts first time every time, and that the boat and dingy are as clean as she would do herself. She especially likes the clean sent the linens have and the abundance of bath towels, beach towel, hand towels. The cooking utensils are first rate and the freezer keeps our food for the entire trip usually 10 days.

We are very pleased with the condition of our boat when we visit as are all the other owners. The people are great and friendly (not just to us) and enjoy sharing knowledge with you.

Just to show you how conscious VIP is my boat has three water tanks, over 140 gallons of water but what is interesting is that VIP has installed an extra water pump just in case the first one has a problem. Two propane tanks, extra anchor chain and rode, Dutchman main, cockpit jiffy reefing and of course roller furling Jib.

Hope this helps give you an idea of who and what VIP is.
Give them a try I am sure your will enjoy.

John_/)_/)_/)
S/V Better than Popcorn USVI
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook