SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stuck in a Hudson River Marina heading from Toronto to St Maarten.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Re: Stuck in a Hudson River Marina heading from Toronto to St Maarten.

I actually rode out the storm at Haverstraw Marina with Pasquale and another cruising boat they were hanging out with. The marina and the river became one, but because of its design we still made it through OK. We were probably within 6 inches of total destruction, but things mostly held and only a few boats were lost. There was cosmetic damage (trees blown down, roads washed away, restaurant deck destroyed, restaurant docks (where there were no boats) washed away, a few buckled docks, lots of dock floats popping out, some broken welds, etc.) but for the most part the majority of boats survived with minimal damage. It got hairy at times as we shifted locations to move to higher ground and avoid debris falling. Around the corner from us, however, was total destruction. The rest of the area marinas had almost all of their docks and boats swept ashore and destroyed or massively damaged.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook