SailNet Community - View Single Post - Halloween Hurricane
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Halloween Hurricane

my cousin, phyllis schuyler beals, lost her boat--it vanished without a trace-- she was in a morgan area(????) marina, where she said was much much damage, and she is stilnot allowed into the area.
she sent me this message, after i discovered her boat was a walkabout---
Quote:
:
Hi Karen, wish I knew what happened, yes maybe she's landed atop a building somewhere. Some boats landed atop railroad bridges. I think I brought this on by renaming her. Original name was Heelin Laddie. 10 years no name. Last spring we painted Serenity Now astern (Seinfeld favorite of our family) & now she may lie at the bottom for all I know... My marina living pal (Ruben) continued to look for her. He will be doing diving salvage work also & says he will keep looking... I felt last night as if I didn't deserve to have a boat nor did I take my responsibilities seriously enough. Not much sleep. Ironically 5 vessels that rode out the storm on their moorings came through unscathed. Me I put her by marina up
A sheltered creek area & with the full moon tide, 12 foot storm surge & 70-100 mph gusts it added up to disaster. Feel for the folks without homes though. Maybe next year is a break year from owning a sailboat- regroup & kayak or sailing canoe! Love ya,
Schuyler
boat name: serenity now
please keep watch for her...

i dont know what marque boat she is..please help keep eyes open for my cousin!!??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook