SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beach Cats in Rehab!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Beach Cats in Rehab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philzy3985 View Post
Smack, I was following all this at thebeachcats over summer, great work on the finished product- truly impressive from start to finish. She looks like a brand new boat from 10' away!

I think most beachcat sailors will sympathize with your fiasco (good name by the way), but believe me you will learn from every mistake on the catamaran and never make them again. After a dozen times sailing you'll feel like a pro and feel the boat as though it was a part of you, and be able to anticipate all the sail trim and adjustments to make in the weather. I just sold my P16 and have a big monohull. Although now that it's easier to get others to come out sailing, I miss that speed of 2 hulls.

Great work man! Give yourself a lot of credit.

Oh and to chime in from earlier, definitely wait on getting trap wires, of all the times I used them, it was only necessary (windy enough) just once.
Hey, thanks Philzy! I have to say that the feel of the boat was really awesome. Flying the hull was just one of the most amazing feelings ever. I started to get a sense of the balance. Still lots to learn for sure, but I can't wait to get back out.

I'll take the advice and hold off on the traps.

Stay tuned for hull #2 - then...Fiasco 2.0!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook