SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Guilty as charged....lets electrocute him...oh hes already dead and couldnt defend himself and he paid with his life...oh thats right he went down with the ship because he knew the SN jury would convict him

So lets say you are right.He went on a suicide mission and took 15 people with him.

Lets move on to the compensation phase since the SN jury has already convicted him. What should the compensation be?

So lets say you are right and he made an eggregious error in judgement, which cost the ship, and one life. Lets say this is true. Lets say a jury finds this and makes an award. So what????
This happens all the time in real life with auto accidents, product injury cases etc.

What is it about this that attracts the amateur Perry Masons ( showing my age), the spectators in the Collesuem of SN to rant on and on about this? Is it your like for a train wreck? What fascinates you about this story?

People are dying every day from poor judgement. Why isnt anyone focused on that young mother who didnt heed the warnings to evacuate on Staten Island who had the babies ( 2 and 4) ripped out of arms and killed by the storm surge? They just found tem yesterday...dead. Shouldnt she have known the storm was coming, shouldnt she have evacuated...why did she try and drive out through the surging water...maybe they should look at all the statements shes made about kids in her short life....find the one where she says raising the kid is a pain and then go after her for killing them because of her negligence....everything you are saying about this captain could be said about her.

Dont give me the excuse you are looking for a learning or teaching moment Focusing in on tradgedy is human we all feel for these people. But talking about them add nauseum and affixing blame, making assunptions not knowing ALL the facts, assasinating the reputation of a dead man while sitiing at your computer desk eating twinkies smacks of the mobs going to the Roman Collesuem to watch the inevitable outcome and cheering it on.

Thats my humble opinion and only mine. Take it for whats its worth one mans opinion right, partially right, or wrong. Excuse me I need to get some coffee with my twinkie.

dave

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 11-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook