SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
People are dying every day from poor judgement. Why isnt anyone focused on that young mother who didnt heed the warnings to evacuate on Staten Island who had the babies ( 2 and 4) ripped out of arms and killed by the storm surge? They just found tem yesterday...dead. Shouldnt she have known the storm was coming, shouldnt she have evacuated...why did she try and drive out through the surging water...maybe they should look at all the statements shes made about kids in her short life....find the one where she says raising the kid is a pain and then go after her for killing them because of her negligence....everything you are saying about this captain could be said about her.
Dave
The difference is a Capt is trained and licensed to take responsibility of a ship and crew, and is held 100% responsible.

I do not know much about the story of the loss of the 2 kids in new york other than it is a tradgedy, as is loss of the Bounty, Capt and crew. But anyone can become a parent, and become one without training or licensing (sometimes I wish their where training and licensing because raising kids is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I done quite a bit). I think most parents try to do the best they can, and its somthing they need to do (or should do) 24/7, 365 days a year for at least 18 years. Some parents have other problems like paying bills, and finding food and shelter. So I will not judge this woman, only grieve with her,

The Capt on the other hand did not have to sail towards the eye of a storm in a ship that appears was not fit for the task at hand, he had other options. With 20 or so years of experience, a lot of people think he should have choosen the other options. Yea we might all be wrong, and time will reveal more information that might prove us worng, most of us have an open mind.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook