SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Sailboat Bristol 22 Columbia 22 CC24
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: First Sailboat Bristol 22 Columbia 22 CC24

Jedcof,

I keep my boat in Roc Creek at the end of the Patapsco at the Mayland Yacht Club. She is a C&C 35 MKIII with a draft of 4'6" to 7' as she is a keel/ centerboard. The difference in draft of the boats you are looking at shouldnt concern you as you will be able to go almost anwhere on the Chessie with 4 ft. We do with 4'6" board up.

SloopJonB is coorect that the C&C will perform better than the other two and also provide you with a little more speace for weekending. It will definately point better into the wind than either of the two others. C&C build is also good, so are the others. make sure its in good condition and get it surveyed if you can. If you would like someone to look at it drop me a PM and I would be glad to.

Some thin gs are restoration...some are critical neglect disqualifiers.

dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook