SailNet Community - View Single Post - First "off-season" delivery
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 11-02-2012 Thread Starter
Slayer

First "off-season" delivery

I am a bit embarrassed about asking for advice on foot wear, but being embarrassed never stopped me before. In mid-November I am helping someone deliver his boat from Newport to Norfolk. Among the things the captain suggested we bring were foul weather gear and BOOTS.

I imagine its going to be a bit chilly, but all my sailing shoes are for warmer weather, so I need to buy some new shoes. I am not the kind of guy who goes out and buys new clothing for every occassion like the folks who stock up at LLBean to go on a hike. I live in the NorthEast and just wear my work boots with heavy socks while out shovelling snow for hours on end with no problem. And I would do the same on this trip except the boots would skuff up the deck.

So I am looking at a couple of options. One is a Sperry Sea Racer Boot, which looks warm, water resistant and light weight. Another is another Top-Sider that looks like a hiking boot. Or shoudl I just get a pear of rubber fishing boots? Or just wear my regular topsiders and heavy socks? I know the question isn't worth all the words, but any suggestions?
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome