SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Venture 25

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  algee 
#1 ·
Found what looks to be a pretty nice Venture (MacGregor) 25. Hope to look at it this weekend. Any thoughts/info anyone could share would be welcome. Has trailer and sails, although sails look stained and maybe old. Looking to move up from my 20 footer. Doesnt look like it has a motor, i have a 4.5 hp mercury for my current boat, pretty sure it would move the 25 just fine. Sailing on Tampa Bay.

Thanks

Steve

#4 · (Edited)
Is this the one? (your link didn't work)

Venture 25 sailboat with trailer

Looks like it has been fairly well kept and the trailer looks good - for a grand, how can you lose?

There are lots of used sail brokers fairly near to you as well.

#5 ·
That is the one. Looked at it today. Seems to be in fair shape for an older boat. Looking at it, i dont think my 4.5 hp will work. It is a mid length shaft and wouldn't clear the transom to operate it. From the looks of it, a little fairing and painting would really make a difference. May just pull the trigger on it. The trailer is in great shape, is actually a newer Macgregor trailer for a 26 with the water ballast. Excited to get back into sailing. My first boat has been sitting in storage because the trailer finally gave up the ghost. Good times ahead i hope!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.