SailNet Community - View Single Post - Questions of living and travelling under sail..
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012

Another Fish In the Sea is on a distinguished road
Questions of living and travelling under sail..

This post might actually be better here...

Hi everyone! My name is Quentin, I come from Cut Off, La. I have very little little experience with sailboats (almost none at all). I'm 42 years old and after a real **** year of losing nearly everything, I'm hoping to do something really different with myself in 2013. I wanna buy and possibly live on a sailboat. Not just live on but travel place to place with it, using my other talents to survive. Hopefully gaining some new talents along the way. I've been living in Norway for some years now, and finally going back home to Louisiana. I'm a tattoo artist of 24 yrs and before and during those years have grown up around and on the sea... well, now I want to combine the two. Tattooing and traveling from place to place, by sail.

I have my heart set on buying a Morgan 33 Out Island, which I have to sell a Harley to get (which I'm gonna hate doing) but as I said, time for something different. But to keep to the point, I've read of lots of pros and cons about the boat that I want and well, I figured it would be easier to ask myself and not just rely on other's curiosity...

I'll start with the sailing part of it... for those with experience with the 33 O/I how is that boat for a beginner? Would you sail around the world in that boat (in a year or two... not talking about leaving next week...:P) Or what would you suggest?

Thanks for taking the time.... Q
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook