SailNet Community - View Single Post - Floated off the stands
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Floated off the stands

Andreus,
You did everything that a reasonable person would have done. All you can do now is wait and see how it works out and hope for the best outcome.

I will say that I watched the storm surge on the Hudson roll in 2 blocks from the river. It came in very silently and smoothly, like the movie "The Blob". The flood waters also receded quickly but gently. The unprecedented storm surge knocked parts of NYC back to the dark ages for several days. Electricity and internet are back today after 5 days of candle light dinners.

I had also considered hauling my boat out, 30 miles north of Liberty Landing. I'm glad I did not as the same thing happened in Stony Point where many boats were knocked over that had been hauled out. About two thirds (2/3) of the moored boats in Nyack slipped their moorings. We were part of the lucky one third that survived with mooring tackle in tact.

It is going to take Liberty Landing some time to untangle the mess.

We are just lucky to not have called Breezy Point or the Rockaways (or Jersey shore) home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HS-waterfront.jpg (40.0 KB, 59 views)

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook