SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I cannot resist to post photos two boats that caught my attention during my summer cruise. What do you think about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
The boat on top sports a very odd sailplan. To my eye, the main is extremely small, and the spreaders look like they are swept back at least 45deg. , making the only main useless and chafeprone while reaching. Also, she is a little hard on the eyes.
I guess that "main" is mostly for balance the boat, a bad weather sail and a sail to be used (reffed) to have the boat straight to the wind on anchorage.

By hard on your eyes I guess you mean the rig? I agree but I think that will change with the sails up. Can you imagine? Rare, but not ugly. Probably it will make the boat look bigger. This rig gives plenty of power to the boat and will be very easy to handle. Downwind it will work like a dream, with both genoas polled to opposite sides.

On strong winds the smaller inner front sail and the small "main" will give it a perfect balance and I guess they will be able to take a lot of wind, tolled and reefed if needed.

It seems expensive to me but I can see me solo handling that big boat with ease, a lot more than the other one that has much bigger but also less sails

regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook