SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cooking on a Sailboat (Ep 2) - Spaghetti
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Cooking on a Sailboat (Ep 2) - Spaghetti

Hey Tom and it is needed a movie to learn how to do Spagetty?

In fact pasta (there are lots of them besides spagetty that is not even a favorite in Italy) is one of the easiest ways to prepare food in a boat, but with not with the mess that lady does, at least while sailing.

I have sailed frequently in Italy (this year I have made all the south of Italy) so I know what I am talking about. Basically you have two qualities: Fresh and dried pasta. Fresh is way better but you need refrigeration to keep it. Fresh pasta is delicious they are made normally with eggs or with noodles of cheese, mushrooms or ham inside. These ones you just boil them slightly and eat them like that or with a bit of ketchup, Italiam grated cheese (Granda Padano or Parmesano).

The dried pasta you just boil for a few minutes and on a moving boat, to keep it simple, just join one of the dozens of already made Italian salsas. They come in small bottles that will be appropriated for a meal for two, are not expensive and need no refrigeration. You will have a fast tasty, nutritive meal with a minimum of mess and for no much money

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook