SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012

sailordave is on a distinguished road
Re: 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry

First off, you're all over the place w/ your initial post. What are you really asking? Sounds more like "What do I need for every conceivable situation?"

No offense but what I draw from your comments is it sounds like you don't have much actual experience and want to throw a bunch of stuff on the boat to deal w/ all kinds of potential issues and go. Not that it hasn't been done before, but if you're really not that experienced maybe you should spend some time singlehanding and getting to know your boat and more importantly, what YOU need on the boat. Experience will tell you if you need any or all of the "stuff" that the so called experts on the internet tell you you need.

PERSONALLY, I am still in the process of figuring out just what tools I HAVE to have on board, to say nothing of other gear. But you would be surprised at how little you HAVE to have. Sailing ability, in my mind ranks at the top of the list and from your comments it sounds to me like you don't have a lot of real life experience. Not a slam, just an observation.