SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
I would invite once again suggestions from those who fail to grasp that, who ELSE besides the captain might bear responsibility for this tragedy? And, what possible reason might have compelled him to sail into the teeth of such weather in such a vessel to meet the schedule of being in St Pete by Nov 9?-Jon Eisenberg
No one has failed to grasp that the captain does bear some responsibility for this including me. What some of us have been saying is that there may be other factors involved, facts which we have not been aprised of yet. This is the purpose of an investigation. No doubt he had a hand in this, no doubt the captain has responsibilities. NO ONE has said otherwise.

So what have you really learned from this...course that was the stated purpose of so many for this posting, a teaching experience. You obviously dont need or want to investigate this any further cause you have your root cause.

Is the lesson you dont sail into a hurricane........duhhhhhhhhhh what else. Hatteras and the GS are a dangerous place....duhhhhhhhhh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 11-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook