SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry

Peoples .... First Aid Kits and Guns are two very different areas and if this thread is to head off into yet another Guns on Board thread then it will end up languishing in Off Topic.

Highfly , if you want to discuss guns then I suggest you edit your original post and start a new thread , if you must, in Off Topic for your weapons chat.

As for First Aid ..... definitely take a course. So much of what many of us thing we know of First Aid consists of a bunch of old wives tales or at best is simply outdated.

For mine, a good basic First Aid kit is in fact a good idea but it is only a start. From there you need tailor the thing to your own requirements and to build up on those items that the kit may have only a few yet when needed you may require many. Burn kits come to mind. A bad scalding at sea is likely to require constant re dressing. Have the right gear in the right quantity and you can cope with even quite bad burns , not enough and the patient is at best left in great discomfort.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 11-04-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook