SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
Interesting ... several people who met the captain personally say that based on what they learned of him, there must be more to this story, and they will wait to learn what the Coast Guard has to say. People who never met him, DEMAND the right in this internet forum to state their opinions of unmitigated blame ... RIGHT NOW.
OK, I'll try one more time...

I'll accept that that the possibility exists that there may have been factors that compelled the master of the BOUNTY to depart New London when she did, and attempt to shoot the gap between Hatteras and the eye of a storm 800+ miles in diameter, featuring the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded north of Cape Hatteras...

Once again, can anyone here even IMAGINE, or suggest any likely scenarios/factors that would compel the skipper to take such a risk, or make such a decision appear even remotely prudent, or seamanlike?

Please, feel free to use your imaginations... (grin) I'm really curious to hear what some might feel may have justified such a departure, in such a vessel, in such circumstances...

Last edited by JonEisberg; 11-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook