SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
That's the real reason for all the discussion. There is a TON of discussion about this everywhere. What on earth could possibly have been the reason to leave port at the same time sailors up and down the coast were running the other way. It just makes no sense.

This is a pretty damning piece concerning the ship's condition:HMS Bounty sinking to be investigated; victim was 'very concerned' - latimes.com
Jesus Smurphy you find very interesting stuff with new information and then you don't post it?

It seems that the crew knew that the generators and the engines were not in good condition. Christian the woman that lost her life says that clearly.

What is more difficult for me to swallow is to know that the crew and Christian went to sea expecting very nasty weather and sailed away because they trusted the Captain even knowing that the ship was in bad shape. I find that very sad.

Rex Halbeisen, a friend of Christian, said he received an email from her before she died at sea saying she was worried about the storm and the condition of the ship.

"She was very concerned for their safety and was 'praying to God that going to sea was the right decision,' " Halbeisen told the Los Angeles Times.

"You know me, I am not a mechanical person but the generators and engines on this ship are not the most reliable," Christian said, according to email text provided by Halbeisen. "They are always stewing over them. I would hate to be out to sea in a storm an [sic] the engines just quit or we have no power."

He said he turned Christian's email over to the Coast Guard, which said in a statement that it would investigate "every aspect of the accident."

HMS Bounty sinking to be investigated; victim was 'very concerned' - latimes.com

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook