cruising all I can
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
Here we sit, 6:45am at anchor trying to decide wether to head out of the anchorage or end up hanging around until possibly next week with the bad weather expected to start tues. night or wens.
From what I can determine there are forcast north winds 10-15 and there is a small craft advisory in effect in the area we want to travel (naturaly) .
So, I could stay around do some sail repair, patch the leakx\s in the dinghy , go to the house of concern and get a coat (didn't bring one for me,Duh.) and probably a host of other maint. things.
Or, head out and get further south and hope it's not crappy. Of course it seems like a long stretch from Annapolis to Solomons and I don't see alot of bail out opportunities I'm familiar with along the way. So it's go or no go ??
Anyone care to chime in ?