SailNet Community - View Single Post - How Expensive is the Virgin Islands to Live on Board ?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: How Expensive is the Virgin Islands to Live on Board ?

FarCry, Zanshin and All,

The last two posts are very helpful and I got the lay of the (sea pots) land down there. I wil be zeroing in on a water maker, after my boat is about ready. I need to test the existiing fresh water system. It needs to be chk'd. for operation (leaks), water quaility from a 42 YO old system. It may be severly corroded and need replacement. Again, one step at time, I may have to do a major replacement. The water maker would go in at the same time, dumb to re-plumb a 2nd time.

Speaking of cleaning a 42 YO fresh water system,; I read here - clorox & vinegar as the most common ones to use. Does anyone know of a better flush agent for your fresh water system ? Guessing.. the testing of your system will be by the -- smell and taste of your water. Id use the two different flushes, 1st with clorox, 2nd with vinegar. After the 2 flushes, I'd run fresh water through & flush again.. that should do it. I just had a head's up to... add-on a good quaility water filter to complete the fresh water system.

Last edited by HighFly_27; 11-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook