SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Singled Handed & No Watch at Achor
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: Sailing Singled Handed & No Watch at Achor

The long trip to Grenada will not take place until 2014. I will start sailing out of Panama City in May or June of 13. I will start off with one day outings and progress out from there. I thought about a trip to the Bahamas (2013) but way to early to talk about it (for real). I have a lot of train up (takes time) time in front of me. I need to learn my boat, & time to get it ship shape. I'm asking a lot of question's and doing some long range plans (longer trips) to keep my big dream maker alive & well. I'm smart enough to know that it will be 2014 (Grenada & return, est. 9 mo's.) for my long trip.

My sailing off into the sunset (2014) is driven by one other (major) factor. My Mother is in her later stages of dementia. I'm a only chlld and she need's 24/7 overwatch/ care. She is (nearly) at the point where she does not know (that often) me and hostile (against me). I'm just starting to look for a nursing home to take Good Care of Her. My Son is on her good side. he's the only family member that she know's (currently) and still gets along with. So long story short, I'm walking a time line with a number of variables -- Train Up Time, Prep./ Proof Out of I-37, Off Shore (more training) Experience, and Ma Ma's Care. I need to know she's provided for while I'm gone, & Son checks in on her. Lastly, I have minor (+) health issues. When you're 64 and counting.. another week, months or years is not yours to count on. I have a 2, 3 or 4 year window and I need to make it happen. I did not come up with this Sailing Plan over night. I have been setting money aside and going over everything for 2 years (+). I just found the right boat for me (I37); I wanted a Motor Sailor/ Sailboat, well satisfied with overall condition of the I37 and own it.

So, please bear with me, with a little bit of luck and hard work (some of it fun)... I'm determined to get there. I expect to have .. big smiles, see breath taking sunsets and much more in my (near future) touchable dreams.

Avery

Last edited by HighFly_27; 11-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook