I always thought small craft advisories were announcements that there would be no stinkpotters in the way. Gale advisories get my attention.
Although, good idea to be sure you are properly fitted out for the trip.
Since you are trying to get south for the weather, it can stay cold this time of year until you get to Georgia.
When will you need to head north again, or I should say, when do you need to be home?
I guess I over-react to the weather thing some times. Probably could have gone no problem.
The real stress I guess is/was the leaky dingy,the cold,and the crappy main sail.
I checked out Bacon and a couple other options and even cruised craigslist a little.
The sun came out, I had a little something to eat , and now the feeling of panic and urgency has past ! I got to thinkin' "hey, I'm fine, calm down" wife says it's a blood sugar thing. could be.
As for being back "home" I guess spring time april-may would work. Again , I gotta remember this is a vacation/adventure/journey not a death march and it really doesn't matter where we go or don't go we're just floatin' around. I'd like to get to the Keys but if it doesn't happen- Meh I'll store the boat or sell it and try again next year.
But so far we're on track, we've got time and haven't run out of money . So I guess we're good.
Now to decide about the mainsail. Looked at a few ranging from $200-$1000 decisions decisions. Guess I'll work at a few other issues and procrastinate a bit longer.
repair dinghy leak,get a coat, maybe some rubber boots,gloves, you know-stuff I already have but didn't bring along ! gotta work on that packing list.
So, we'll chill at anchor and work through it.