SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: 1st Aid at Sea & Important Like Items to Carry

Cruisingdad, Hellosailor and All,

Crusingdad, you really covered my 1st aid questions and the gun deal too.

I don't want any problems but did not want to be defenceless and be at the bad guys mercy. I can see where a 12 ga. flare gun would be a effective show of force and legal. I need to buy one (12 ga.) flare gun and check it out. I have a number of 12 ga. shotguns and one is modified (9 in.) long. I made/ cut this 12 ga. when I was in trade school and it's something else. I'd like to see the flare cart's and see the difference (shells vs 12 ga. flare).

Hellosailor,

The maint. test flying of UH-60 Blackhawks is a heads up business. Attention to detail (close inspect. of assemb'd. parts), sense of smell, hearing, sense of feel or feed back in controls is very important to your daily routine as a maint. pilot. I have had a few malfunctions in flight and it happens. I never busted one nor declared an emergency. I have landed without -- hydraulics, failed stabliator, lost of 1 engine, etc. . None of these failures were a big deal and luck is always good to have too. It's all about following the right emer. procedure and (cont.) life is good & no crash them.

I'm planning on using the same training values in learning/ refresher (sailing) of my new craft. I'm searching for a couple experienced skippers (hired) to train me on my own boat. Hopefully, I can clone them and learn all I can. Most of my book learning will done at home.

I have a favorite poem to share about Mr. Gilliam, he was a daring bush piot in Alaska in the 1930 and 40's. Gilliam had saved several lives of the Eskimo's by flying them out to a hospital when they were in a bad way. A teacher asked her class to write a poem about someone or some thing. The little girl wrote -- " Gilliam, he fly'm & crash'm but no kill'm.. Gilliam." The book, " The Glaicer Pilot had this little thread in it and I still laugh. So, with my current endeavor at hand.. " Avery.. he use to fly'm but no crash'm, now he sail'm and no crash'm or sink'm.. avery ! " I'm hoping I can keep a perfect record going with the no sink'm) part.

Avery

Last edited by HighFly_27; 11-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook