I would have the oil filled heater checked. I have seen several and none of them even on high would melt a plastic bag. On 700 watts you should be able to touch it. There also should be no smell from it, at least not after a short brake in time.
Brand new, less than 3 weeks old.
Smell is going away slowly, still hate the damn thing.
Just discovered mold spots on my new V-berth cushions.
Only where they sit over the air space that is exposed forward, but it's enough!
Oil heater is going out, and I'm putting the dehumidifier back in. Much better :-)
Still uncertain on the whole dehumidify and venting at the same time(seems counterproductive to do a lot of both.
I found the hypervent as a construction material(called examat) but no source to buy it from in the quantities I want. I'll pay the price at the marine store I guess, and get some more of it. I have it already under my settees, and in the lazarette seems to allow decent drainage, and I haven't seen any mold on it yet.