SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question regarding Rocna Anchor's Roll Bar
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Question regarding Rocna Anchor's Roll Bar

Capt Grimek,

Mainesail has pretty much said exactly how I feel also about all the new gen anchors. Although I only have a NZ Rocna and a Mantus. In the 4 or 5 years since I went to my Rocna I have only had trouble with it setting first time ( in a thick grassy bottom) and have yet to drag anchor. I have used in av variety of conditions. We keep the boat in the Chesapeake, but also travel to the LI Sound and New England for 3+ weeks every summer.

Mainesail actual did pretty sophisticated tests. Maybe he would e mail them too you.Also when I bought my Rocna from NZ the manson Supreme was not available as of yet. I beleive it is an equal comparioson and somehwat cheaper also. The Mantus is relatively new this year and has the advabataghe of being able to take apart and stow in a smaller footprint.

Most I have talked to who use these anchors have had the same stunning rsults and remark how abruptly it sets and digs in immediately.

No anchor does well in EVERY condition but these three seem to do well universally in most, The

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook