SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Another hat trick-

Yesterday looked a little grim at theonset, then I took the bull by the horns.
Went ashore walked to bacon sails and WOW what a place spent the whole afternoon there looking at everything. At the end of the day I got everything I needed and didn't spend over $165.00 for all of it !
Another mainsail- 7.5 oz great shape, good fit leach line,bolt rope,cunningham cable All I needed to add was 17 cringles for the slides, did that this morning.
Also found a great chart magnifying glassw/ a light. A good pair of rubber boots, an extra air pumb for the deflatable dinghy, An last but not least a COAT yes and a fowl weather coat at that ! $25 had a bad zipper which I'll replace today when I get out the sewing machine.
This morning I hauled the hard dinghy and repaired the leaks , now waiting for the 3m to set up and we're back in buss.
The people at Bacon are great, even gave us a ride back to the dinghy dock after closing so we didn't have to walk, nice people and they love working there.
Beautiful day today ,sunny a bit cool.
Gonna check the forcast and take one more dinghy ride for some mik ,bread,eggs and then onward we weather permitting.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook