SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
post #100 of Old 11-06-2012 Thread Starter
joethecobbler
cruising all I can

Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Another hat trick-

Yesterday looked a little grim at theonset, then I took the bull by the horns.
Went ashore walked to bacon sails and WOW what a place spent the whole afternoon there looking at everything. At the end of the day I got everything I needed and didn't spend over $165.00 for all of it !
Another mainsail- 7.5 oz great shape, good fit leach line,bolt rope,cunningham cable All I needed to add was 17 cringles for the slides, did that this morning.
Also found a great chart magnifying glassw/ a light. A good pair of rubber boots, an extra air pumb for the deflatable dinghy, An last but not least a COAT yes and a fowl weather coat at that ! $25 had a bad zipper which I'll replace today when I get out the sewing machine.
This morning I hauled the hard dinghy and repaired the leaks , now waiting for the 3m to set up and we're back in buss.
The people at Bacon are great, even gave us a ride back to the dinghy dock after closing so we didn't have to walk, nice people and they love working there.
Beautiful day today ,sunny a bit cool.
Gonna check the forcast and take one more dinghy ride for some mik ,bread,eggs and then onward we weather permitting.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome