SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Salona Yachts/Sydney yachts

Yes!!!

This is a great new and one I had not yet seen on any sailboat magazine!

I love Sydney yachts, they make my style more than the Pogo, but they were very expensive had no European dealer and if they had, any problem with the boat with be dealt not by the factory but by someone that would not give the same kind of warranty in their work and evaluation of the problem.

Not anymore on both counts:

Sydney yacht, the superb GTS 43 and 37, Ker designed boats, are going to be made in Europe by Salona

I don't know the therms of the deal but it should be a strong one since they are going to sell the boat for less money due to the use of industrial equipment.

This makes all the sense for both brands (I don't know if Salona had bought a share of Sydney yacht or not): Sydney will be able to sell less expensive boats in Europe and will have the benefice of Salona already installed dealership and Salona will pass to offer fast cruising boats and super fast cruising boats I mean boats that will be able to win in compensated and real time almost every race.

I think this have probably to do with Ker himself that has been working, in what regards production boats, mainly with these two brands.

Just a small press new from Sydney will Salona remained silent but has already in their site the Sydney yachts:

GTS 37 - Salona Yachts
GTS 43 - Salona Yachts

Sydney Yachts, the Australian manufacturer of performance racer / cruisers and AD Boats, builder of Salona Yachts reached an agreement on the production and distribution of Sydney Yachts.

As a first step, both companies agreed to enter into a global production and distribution contract. This agreement enables a selected group of Salona dealers to represent Sydney Yachts and their new GTS range. The latest model of Sydney Yachts is the GTS43....

"We are very proud to present this Australian icon to our dealers and performance orientated clients. The unique Sydney Yacht brand will continue to develop successfully under our multi-brand strategy with the new GTS37 to be presented soon."

" We see this cooperation as a natural progression of our very successful Salona Brand of cruiser racers and believe it will offer our customers more choice in the performance yacht market. Sydney Yachts will retain its own identity and operational independence", said Krešimir, director of AD Boats.

Sydney Yachts will now produce its yachts closer to their main markets and will benefit from AD Boat's strong dealer and service network.
"In AD Boats, a well-established manufacturer of sailing yachts in Europe known for Salona Yachts, we have found an ideal strategic partner who shares our values of customer focus, innovation, quality, and customer service."...

"The path is clear for a bright future together. This cooperation will enable us to significantly strengthen Sydney Yachts and further expand Sydney Yachts product portfolio with fascinating new performing yachts", said Darren Williams, managing director of Sydney Yachts.

This cooperation allows Sydney Yachts to deliver custom build quality for a production price. Sydney Yachts will be competitive with all known European production yards on price but with the advantage of our many years of experience in the development of performance racer cruisers for the tough Australian conditions.

This is am older model and it would nor be produced by Salona, at least right now, but it will give the idea about the interior that is a bit Pogo like but with doors

Last edited by PCP; 11-06-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook