SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Also many on this thread have made this HUGE deal about the Captains u tube post. Many have made insinuations of his incompetance from that. When the actual crew memebers on baord with him that fatefull day now say something which either contradicts or gives another angle of the captains personality, you dont want to accept that. An eyewitness account and the interviews of people who really worked with that captain seem to be to be a more valid view of the captains personality, termperment, and abilities than social media posts. Let me ask another quest. I have yet to hear any of you admit that yet. Maybe thats because you have already rushed to judgement.

I do not think anyone is making a huge deal of the interview with the Capt. We are just taking the Capt for his word. And most people find what the Capt said in the interview shocking, everyone from the media, yachties, professional seamen/women. The interview seems to be serious, with the Capt apparenty giving factual statements. That is what most people find shocking.

How can you accuse people of exploiting facts for there own use when in this case the "facts" are coming directly from the person in question. I agree (and stand-by waiting) that we need more facts, and to compare the facts the CG finds with the "facts" the Capt gave in that interview will be most interesting. But if the facts the CG finds are different than the "facts" the Capt presented in the interview that initself (at least in my opinion) brings question as to the reliabiliy of the Capt. In my opinion, the Capt should speak the truth at all times, and especially when making public statements. To me this is a sign of a true professional.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook