SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hurricane Sandy: How did you do?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Hurricane Sandy: How did you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I fail to see what is so "freak" about this Storm. We've had many storms hit the East Coast, including New England. I believe one brushes every 5 years and plows right through every 20 years. The hurricane of '38 is still considered the deadliest, having killed about 700 people. Did NYC think it was immune?

I have complete passion for those affected. I just find it odd that so many think this was a trend of some kind. A new spot on the East Coast pulls the short straw all the time.
I dunno, in this part of the country we had Irene last year, and Sandy exactly 13 months later. Not sure I recall a precedent here for two near-direct hits in consecutive years.

In a few years we'll have a better idea whether this is the start of a trend. Extrapolating weather observations to climate conclusions is always risky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook