SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I do not think anyone is making a huge deal of the interview with the Capt. We are just taking the Capt for his word. And most people find what the Capt said in the interview shocking, everyone from the media, yachties, professional seamen/women. The interview seems to be serious, with the Capt apparenty giving factual statements. That is what most people find shocking....In my opinion, the Capt should speak the truth at all times, and especially when making public statements. To me this is a sign of a true professional.
I've watched parts of the interview several times, and once the initial shock factor wore off, I started thinking he was speaking partially in hyperbole. The interview was a puff piece, and he was showing off his feathers to impress the non-sailing audience.

I do take him at his word that he has gone out in hurricanes before, and I do suspect that the root cause of his poor judgement this time lies in the fact that he got away with it those other times. I've seen that sort of incremental complacency happen many times before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook