SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
Ok maybe we agree on somthing. I also watched the interview several times thinking what the hell is he trying to say. I think he was puffing the feathers but also largely speaking the truth.

That is why early on in this thread I said "the best Captains are probably green Captains" Green Capts do not normally take unecessary risk. They may make mistakes, but they do not take risk. The Bounty Capt took a huge risk and this time, he lost.
...which is why I think that even if he sat out this hurricane, he would have likely gone out in this week's Noreaster, or some other severe but sub-hurricane conditions, and ended up with the same result. It was an accident waiting to happen.

When I say that the presence of the hurricane may have been a moot point, this is what I am talking about. It seemed that, given the condition of the boat, inexperience of the crew, etc., something was going to happen eventually to sink the boat and possibly lead to similar fatalities. I'm confident that the USCG will uncover it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook