SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Bavaria Vision 46 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc11 View Post
Paulo,

I believe you were talking a bit about the new line from Bavaria. Here's a new review on youtube i found today (from yachting world). Enjoy!

Bavaria Vision 46 - YouTube

Thanks for posting it. I have posted already about this boat and it seems that Toby Hodges is reading what I post. I am kidding off course, but he says about the boat the same things I had said and confirm some others that I suspected, in what regards sailing. It is true that I would prefer a bit more B/D ratio but it seems that even like that the boat sails very well.

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

I had not been inside the boat yet but by the photos and designs the boat appeared to have excellent ergonomics, inside and outside and be different in what regards other deck saloons that are that way to have a king's aft bedroom and have worse ergonomics outside on account of that.

It is not the case with this one that also provides 4 winches, 2 in each side of cockpit at easy reaching from the wheel when the competition only provides two, making necessary to take the main sail out of the winch, or the genoa to use it.

It is not shown on the boat test but another interesting particularity is that it has a large locker one one of the sides of the boat (the boat comes standard only with one cabin on the back). Contrary to other DS boats this one is a better boat to live aboard and a better sailing boat in a sense that its ergonomics are better, it has a better and bigger storage space and it sails at least as well as the others, namely the Jeanneau DS that is a good sailing boat.

Lots of details that point out this boat was made to be out of the marina and that includes not only the big storage spaces but also very good holding points.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook