SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Bavaria Vision 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc11 View Post
I noticed the winches too. Great convenience for short handed sailing IMO. I was a bit surprised that there wasn't technically a dedicated nav station down below. Not sure I dig that. As to ballast.......does that mean more beers will have to be stored below? :-)
A lot more

Regarding the nav station it does not surprise me. British are very traditional and want things even when they are not used. I sail a lot in places that need a lot of navigation, Croatia for example, that sometimes is a labyrinth between Islands so you have to prepare well the next day. What you need? :

A pilot book, that you can look in the table chart (on this boat also) but that I normally look at the main table to be able to discuss it with my wife, the paper chart that I also prefer to deploy on the main table for the same reason and some work on the plotter that can be made on the notebook on the main table, if you can read the charts on the notebook, or, in my case, have to use the second interior plotter that is far away from the main table where I prepare the voyage.

In fact in what regards what I do and use this is a more interesting solution than a dedicated and traditional chart table since it permits two persons to seat face by face, discussing over a pilot book and a map, with the plotter at hand, the next day trip.

There are a space for a plotter on the side of that multi-function table as well space for the VHF radio. For me, I would need more a Navtex and a good battery/consumption controller. I would transform the first cabinet on the other side of the table in a space for having that stuff with remaining space for an AIS screen or any other thing.

When I am sailing I use for navigation almost exclusively the outside plotter, near the wheel since I have already all needed information.

That space that is used as chart table, like it is, can be used for reading, for taking the breakfast but most of all if you have guests you can lower that table and convert the saloon in a really big saloon with lots of space for sitting in a very convivial manner. Great design in my opinion.

Last edited by PCP; 11-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook