SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

This town ,Annapolis , is a pretty "haughty" high brow place. And we are obviously not.
As such I make an extra effort , when transitting such areas, to be extra careful to abide by all local customs and laws, to always remember to wear a smile when interfacing w/ authorities and be extra courtious when in public, to avoid unpleasant attention I seem to attract from those entrusted w/ serving and protecting us.
I would actually prefer to completely avoid locations like this (annapolis) as I find them expensive and restrictive.
On the same hand , it is a beautiful place w/ very historic charm and the few working people I have come into contact w/ in the city marina fuel dock, Bacon's, and the CVS have been quite nice after the initial verneer is scraped away and they relax a little.
but I get a feeling they are all scared for there little jobs and quick to judge by appearance.
Also, If I was traveling w/out my wife and child I'm certain I would get a much closer inspection from the local authorities than I've already experienced.
twice, since we've been here we have been approached and asked if we were homeless and yesterday while walking we stopped to ask directions, we were directed to a salvation army shelter ! we were asking were goodwill was, because it was near Bacon's
It was kinda funny,though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook