SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Not being "hassled" just observed , I guess.
And I can't really say I don't understand why. Considering the issues that surround cruising and the real or percieved problems with derelict vessels, Squaters" Waste discharge etc. I can appreciate the added enforcement.
If my hometown was a famous sailing destiny I would want to assure that it didn't get trashed and abused as well !
I just want to hang a sign on the side of the boat sometimes that says something like
- AHOY, to all concerned, although my boat may not be completely bristol in appearance and there may be a slight accumulation on deck and one or more of the occupants may appear a bit disheveled, rest assured we are only passing through your home, temporarily seeking a safe anchorage then moving along. While we are here we will be happy to comply w/ your laws and customs. we wish only to visit,take a few pictures, spend a few dollars for provisions or to enjoy a local interest and then depart in good grace. we will not dump our waste or trash in an unacceptable or illegal manner nor will we tresspass or become an issue or eyesore. -
Of course I probably would need a bigger boat to get all that on it !
Any , it's all good. we're good .be good gotta stoke the woodstoveand make some tea.
hey maybe I could have cards made up and then just hand them to the officers when the approach, eliminating alot of discussion. course' then we'd never get to actualy talk to any of them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook