SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

WngNwing- yea I figured it was pretty good Idea to give the cell# to the harbormaster for that very reason. And even jokingly commented that I appreciated him keeping an eye on it for me and felt more comfortable knowing that at least when ashore if the phone din't ring I could get some level of comfort thinking it was still near where I left it at anchor.
The last fella' that stopped seemed a bit preoccupied, maybe he had other duties to attend to. Or maybe he got the "word" that the homeless looking dude on the Fla. registered boat would talk your ear off to no end ! hard to say. either way it works for me.
I think it's actually quite cool that they are here , I just wish the pump-out boat was working. We've already had to pull up anchor once to go to the city marina just past the Spa creek draw bridge to get pumped, while there I bought a can of diesel and took on water as well . Kind of feel bad for the bridge guy going back and forth, he probably thinks were goofy !
One thing this topic brings to mind is, I don't see alot of other vessels lining up to get pumped out that obviously have folks aboard, they must have stronger constitutions than this crew or perhaps composting heads ? Yea, that's probably it.
Anyhow , off to buy some firewood and grocery shop.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook