SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

WingNwing- The crew says that they would like to meet up for a cup of coffee tommorrow afternoon , weather permitting of course. So if you would PM me a phone # I'll call you back and we'll get together.

Cbarg- I'm glad your enjoying reading of our trip and adventures ashore. Did you have the 41 morgan when we met in Daytona? if so I think I remember that vessel Although honestly I spent alot of time in the Daytona area and always liked to pester the passing boaters.
I was considering printing up a local information guide for passing sailors who may not be familiar w/ the area with a map of things sailors look for when in a new place, I know I would appreciate such a thing when we stop somewhere.
Daytona actually has quite a bit to offer the passing sailor. Inexpensive decent public transportation, easy water access, launches right downtown,beachside entertainment,restaurants on beach street,a nice municipal Marina as well as a couple others, a west marine right on the water. And my favorite- decent anchorages that are well protected right on the Halifax river. For the life of me I don't understand why the city doesn't promote those attributes more ?
Anyhow today was a good day,got a couple bags of hardwood for the woodstove, went to the giant grocery w/ Our anchorage neighbors and dinghied about in our now non-leaking dinghy (the crew liked that) grilled burgers and chicken when we got back to the boat, even got to wear my fancy new coat ! We were impressed when it got dark and found out the "hood" on the coat glows in the dark ! pretty neat.
I feel like the gorton fisherman!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook