SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Emotions Over The Bounty Tragedy
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: The Emotions Over The Bounty Tragedy

Gloucester Sailor statue

As long as people sail boats there will be tragedys and lives lost at sea, That is the story of history. Bound to keep repeating itself. Wasnt that long ago I can rememebr hearing the Pride of Baltimore 1 was lost traveling back to NA with 4 lost on board.

I have been on the Bounty as I beleive wingnwing has also. She was a neat ship. I have been sailing on a number of tall ships, the Eagle, Cisne Branco the most recent. We had a huge celerbration in Baltimore OP Sail this summer which had over 25 of these beautiies sail up the bay. Was quite a sight. while the beauty of them is really stunning especially when they are under full sail I find beauty in many sailboats. The loss of life is what stirs the emotions.

Star-Spangled Sailabration - June 13-19, 2012 - Baltimore, Maryland

One of the Class B tall ships is berthed permanently in our club Wichcraft a small 60 footer.

We see the Pride of Baltimore II sailing many weekends from our club as well as sail very close to her many times. She is a common sight to those of us who sail the Chessie as she is often seen out on the Bay returning from some adbenture. It wasnt that long ago the original Pride of Baltimore was lost at sea

The Sinking of the Pride Of Baltimore : A Modern Day Tragedy At Sea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook