SailNet Community - View Single Post - Running a portable generator at an angle of heel
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Running a portable generator at an angle of heel

Quote:
I will smell gas in the cabin if I fill up my gas tank and spill some on the top of the tank. However it looks like hunter purpose built a shelf in the aft lazarette for the gas tank for the ob...
Not a good thing. When that gas you spilled evaporates it goes where? If the lazzaette is not sealed and does not vent overboard, please dont use it. Thoise fumes may make there way to you biilge/ engine compartment/ cabin and a spark may set them off. Look at gasoline storage just like you would propane. Not an expert, but is gasoline may actually be more explosive. I am sure someone her will let us know?

Its the fumes from the gas which are explosive. Thats why older boats like my Islander 28 which had an atomic 4 had a blower which I ran for 2 minutes before starting it.

The eu2000 is not much larger than the 1000. It is light, compact and eeirely quiet and very efficient. 46 lbs

Honda EU1000iA Generator (1000W) - Steadypower.com

Honda EU2000iA Companion Generator (2000W) - Steadypower.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook