SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery Bank Combining for Charging –Sterling B2B Charger or Blue Sea ACR?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Battery Bank Combining for Charging –Sterling B2B Charger or Blue Sea ACR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanF View Post
My other two cents - I think the Sterling B2B is a really cool idea, just haven't gotten a chance to put one in yet. Hoping to hear some first-hand comments.
They are great units though a tad on the bulky side. The smaller water proof version has all the pig tail wires already attached. I find this to be a PITA as I prefer to run my own wiring but in order for it to be water proof it is what it is.. The larger units, like a stand alone battery charger, allow for this. While more expensive than an ACR or Echo or Balmar Duo they also do more and are a true battery to battery charger. They also allow mixing a GEL house bank with an AGM or flooded start bank because they also have the ability to "boost" the output voltage. So you can feed a house bank of GEL's at the manufacturer suggested voltage, say 14.1V, then feed an AGM or wet at it's recommended voltage of say 14.6V via the B2B.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook