SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Salona Shipyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
I would suggest to check Hanse Group Financial Reports (or any other publicly listed builder) HanseGroup - Geschaeftsbericht 2011-2012, quite interesting info.

btw "Within Germany, it has already been resolved to close down the production facilities for Dehler yachts in Meschede-Freienohl by the end of 2012 and to transfer production to the venues in Greifswald and Goleniow, Poland. Outside of Germany, the subsidiaries in France and Norway are also about to be closed down. Thanks to these measures, substantial cuts in costs are expected in future."
Hi G!,

You are given me work to see what you want to say

The market climate for sailing yachts has continued to become murky in fiscal year 2011/12. The world market for sailing yachts with lengths between 10 and 20 metres has shrunk for the seventh year in a row. The main reason for this lies in the national debt crisis in Southern Europe. An internal HanseGroup market study has quantified new orders for the worldwide market for sailing yachts in 2011/12 at a minus of 8.8 % in comparison to last year.

In this connection, we are very proud to have slightly increased our turnover.

HanseGroup - Geschaeftsbericht 2011-2012

Yes Hanse is doing good but even so the results are way below from the ones of 2007 and I mean by an order of magnitude. Even with reasonable results, as you pointed out, they have to close factories.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook