SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rate your Marina during Sandy ?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Rate your Marina during Sandy ?

First of all I would be upset and wonder why there is no sense of commradiere or fellowship between the sailors/ club there, Usually I have found clubs tend to have a tight knit group as the members are actually the owners. Do not you have a leadership group ( Commodore) at the club. I would be addressing questions to him and the bridge officers if you do). If its a social club you must have structure. may you can help organize at least a procedures for next time....because there will be a next time for sure.

Like wingnwing I was in MD. It wasnt till the very end that we knew we werent in the worst zone, but we got plenty of storm here. warnings started 3 days ahead of time. People helped each other/ Everyone was contacted and if they couldnt get there others helped prepare their boats by taking sails and canvas off as well as double tying and putting chafe gear on. Lots of communication and we had a meeting the Tgursday for anyone before the storm hit.

Some of us stayed on our boats or the clubhouse to help monitor the boats and help out if the conditions warrented us being able to do it safely. We had an alternative plan should it have been necessary to evacuate and get to higher ground. We were in the South quadrant of Sandy and the eye passed roughly 30-45 miles north of us headed NW.

I belong to a yacht club on the Chessapeake.

dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook