SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Ninfa Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsvinet View Post
Paulo, if you have the time, please go to the website: ninfayachtsdotcom, and tell me what you think about the "calipso 36"

I am unable to post the link directly as i have to few posts in this forum.

A traditional looking yacht made from wood/epoxy.
Here is the link:

CRUISING BOATS

The 24 and the 30 daysailers were on my list to post when I had time

Contrary of what Faster thinks I like classical boats, not for me, or for me now but I really like them.

Regarding the Marsvinet 36 I have mixed feelings. you see, for me a classic boat, even a modern one, has to be absolutely beautiful and this one even if nice....well, that cabin is too high, that transom could be better designed and the interior even if of high quality is unimaginative and a bit heavy. I mean even for a traditional interior you need a good designer not just good wood and a good carpenter. Just try to see what I mean:

I like strip planking construction, I like the sail area and modern rig, I like the keel and the B/D ratio, I don't like the rudder, I don't like the beam: classic boat should be less beamy (It don't look like because the beam is not carried aft, but this is a beamy boat, more beamy than my old Bavaria 36). I think a tiller would be nicer on this boat but no doubt this is a boat that will stand out as different. But if I wanted a classic boat there would be others that I would prefer.

Now in what regards the smaller daysailers, it is other story. The 24 ft, that I hope to see in Dusseldorf, is absolutely gorgeous and the 30ft is a very nice boat.

Curiously the under-body of those two seems more modern than the one of the 36. Better rudder design and not so beamy.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-08-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook