SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Remember while you attack me I am not saying the the Captain isnt responsible. I am saying there are many facts not discovered as of yet. The investigation will take a long time, but I am confident that ALL the facts will come out. This doesnt mean I beleive the Captains responsibility will be absolved. IMHO I beleive other contributing factors will be found and other will also be held responsible. Note: I am identifying that statement as my opinion only, not as fact... a humble sailor
No one is attacking you. Just pointing out the fact that we as humans make assumptions. Even the CG report will make assumptions based on evidence and experience of the examiner.

I too egerly wait for the CG report. That report may find some amazing evidence that shows the Capt made a remarkable and correct decision to take the ship to sea.

I also hope the CG report will examine the sailing qualities of the Bounty. Was she a motor/sail? What type weather could she handle and how close to windward could she sail? Was her ballasting correct (notice in records some major changes had been made to the ballast type and location)?

Last edited by casey1999; 11-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook