Thread: E-32 Sails
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road
Re: E-32 Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
Andy,

How much did that process end up costing you when all was said and done - shipping, taxes etc? $600?

Cheers,

R
Ritchard - here's the breakdown on the costs for the work they did for me:

Cleaning the main was $196.65
Cleaning the jib was $311.60

So the total for doing just the cleaning would have been about $600, or about 20% the cost of a decent set of brand new sails.

I had repair work done on both sails, also - they are both about 12 years old and had some wear points.

Repairs on the jib: new telltales $20; new UV cover $88; sew in new leather at clew $35; re-stitch tack $11; replace leech line $35

Repairs on the main: new telltales $20; repair holes at foot $33 labor and $7.50 material; install new overlay panel along entire leech and luff labor $154, material $35.

Shipping $49.41

Grand total $996.16 (about 1/3 the cost of a new set of basic cruising sails from North Sails)

The sails look like brand new and the conditioning process they do restored the shape to the main.....it's amazing how much better the sail flattens now.

And, as a matter of pure vanity, having a crisp white set of sails is immensely satisfying.

I would highly recommend their services.
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook