SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rate your Marina during Sandy ?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Rate your Marina during Sandy ?

While not (yet) a bonified member of the Boat Owners Club; I spent some time down by Chef helping a buddy with his preps. The small marina/store/repair facility surrounding us is very family-friendly. The private slip/property owner is even more so.
We arrived near 11 am Monday as the storm was rising. Some rain and gusty wind; but nothing terrifying...yet!. The entire marina crew was busy shuttling all sorts of craft, battening down hatches and checking stands. Our private landing owner was to hand, as was the live-aboard, to lend moral as well as physical assistance.
My buddy traded several calls and e-mails with the shop and slip owner. After close to 17 years in the same slip, he felt comfortable enuff to not fret over it.
I intend to get a slip there, too

We went down, post-storm, to prep the boat for pull out and winterization. The steel structure that protects the big-bux boats had lost near 1/3 of it's corrugated roofing. I didn't see any damage from it or otherwise. Lotsa tree debris and leaves. Most of the usually moored sails were on the hard. The yards were near full of cheek-by-jowl boats of all sorts. The crew/staff were *still* busy as bees with clean-up, scheduled pulls and re-arranging hulls to make room.

Next trip down, I need to shower some praise on the marina owner. Credit where due sorta thing.

Last edited by deltaten; 11-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook