SailNet Community - View Single Post - how long does it take you leave?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012

Philzy3985 is on a distinguished road
Re: how long does it take you leave?

Liveaboard, on a dock, 30' sailboat : 15 minutes if nobody is sitting in my way, and it begins with closing all the roof hatches, tipping delicate things over/wedging them in tight spaces so they don't fall and break. Then I go up in the cockpit and remove the wheel cover, start the engine, go on deck and remove the mainsail cover, remove parts of my dodger windows, and the entire dodger cover, center the traveler, clip the main halyard to the sail, and then run my (roller furling) jib sheets aft to the cockpit. By then, I can unplug from shore-power, untie from the dock and motor out of the marina until I raise my sails.

In the midst of this, before un-tying I check to make sure the Fwd/Rev/throttle all work as they should...habit...

There's always a weird "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling when it all happens too quickly and too fluidly. It's usually that I forget to take my fenders up while underway, and the feeling goes away after that. Of course, now after stating that fact, it may never happen again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook